Luton – April 8th 2008 - Rising Star Games is pleased to announce today Growlanser: Heritage of War, the latest entry in the critically-acclaimed Growlanser series, available for PlayStation 2 in the UK from Friday, 13th June 2008.
About Growlanser: Heritage of War
On an island continent shrouded in darkness and bounded on every shore by an impassable veil, war rages among desperate inhabitants fighting for survival. A mysterious famine has ravaged the land, leaving its denizens to struggle over what little fertile land remains. There is no safe haven; land that war has left untouched is still threatened by the Screapers, fierce and powerful monsters steadily encroaching on the cities of men. Hope is fading - who will rise to save this dying land?
· Over 70 Hours of Gameplay! A sweeping story arc spanning 5 lengthy chapters with additional chapters to unlock
· A fantasy world comes to life! The story unfolds through gorgeous handdrawn animation and character portraits by artist Satoshi Urushihara
· Strategic party-based combat! The action is faster and more exciting than ever as you use an advanced troop command system to give orders to your allies –smart tactics are the key to victory
· Manage your character’s Ability Tree! Change your character’s abilities based on the needs of the situation. As your character levels, so too do your Ability Plates!
· Discover a magical fairy companion! The more time you spend training your fairy partner, the richer your interactions will be with her and the more she can assist you on your quest. You can even enter her in the great Fairy Contest – her performance as she competes with other fairies in a tournament of skills depends on how well you have prepared her!
· Cultivate intimate relationships with your allies! With the Friendship and Personality Rating System, your personality can either limit or enhance your interactions with others; the outcome of your encounters depends entirely on your behaviour! Mould a protagonist as ill-tempered or good-natured as you desire. And if you're brave enough, reveal your true feelings to a companion; if they come to feel the same way about you, you'll be rewarded with a bonus hand-drawn character-specific ending animation that puts the icing on the cake!
For further information, screen shots and press samples (when available), please contact:
Richard Barclay – Rising Star Games firstname.lastname@example.org
France – Atari France Julie Carneiro
Germany – Eidos Germany GmbH Sven Liebold
Spain – Virgin Play Diana Radetski
Italy – Atari Italy
Sweden & Denmark – Bergsala Patrik Johansson
Norway – Bergsala Kirsti Danielsen
About Rising Star Games
Rising Star Games Limited is a video games publisher for Sony PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii plus PlayStation 2 in the PAL territory. The firm will be publishing its first Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 titles during 2009. A joint venture between Japanese publisher/developer Marvelous Interactive and long standing Nintendo Nordic distributor Bergsala AB, the company introduces new games alongside enhanced and updated versions of some of interactive entertainment’s most successful franchises. www.risingstargames.com
If you wanted your chance to play as the generic minifigures of the Lego world, this is it.
Movie is expected to come out 2016
A mix between Tetris and Lemmings that causes quite a challenge.
A quick paced game where you have to balance your temperature and move your people.
One player, many voices.
A calming game in which you grow a tree - without killing flowers.
Nintendo tries to fix its mistakes with the indie game industry
You get a rundown on all the games in the running.