X-Blades is an anime-inspired hack-and-slash action game, featuring a heroine armed with guns, blades, and magic.
Long, long ago, in an age that only the gods can now remember, the universe was ruled by two powerful beings that were revered and worshipped by all races - but the ‘brotherly’ relationship between these two creatures was always in question from the beginning of time, simply because no one knew who the real number 1 was. While the Enlightened was on the side of good, helping his people how and when he could, the Dark One was quite the opposite, full of hate and devilish works - and so the never-ending battle between the Enlightened and the Dark One persisted for centuries. Humans suffered terribly thanks to this constant combat between the two – combat which shook the universe to its very core. Finally, thanks to a trick, the Enlightened succeeded in banishing the divine power of the Dark One, imprisoning it in an Artifact - but in doing so, the Enlightened lost his own divine powers, because the two divine beings were inseparably linked to one another. This is how two Artifacts came to be hidden in a huge Temple - and how the Enlightened prevented the downfall of the entire universe. However, these two artifacts contain total, absolute power - both good and evil. Any human being who comes in contact with the powerful stones will be horribly cursed - and the power of darkness will once again be awakened.
The game begins when a map which has been lost for countless years suddenly turns up - and it shows the location of the artifacts. The adventurer Ayumi starts searching for the immensely valuable stones. Powerful forces against which she is helpless threaten to awake in her body. Now it's up to her to discover what the secret of the curse is - and at last defeat the darkness.
- Absorbing fantasy story with spectacular landscapes and figures
- Attractive heroine in Anime style
- Learn to play easily - wide range of development possibilities
- Special mode for a heroine with demonic forces
- Innovative Blade Gun for firing projectiles and for close combat
- Role-playing elements to improve skills and enhance weapons
- Over 20 types of magic in different classes
- Around 40 different scenarios (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Alternative endings, depending on player's actions
- Hidden Power-ups hook players to explore levels
- Over 30 different classes of opponent
- Powerful Boss opponents with fantastic design
- Cinematic stylistic devices like Bullet-Time
- Various difficulty levels - from Beginner to Pro
- Multiplatform Engine: XBox 360, PS3, PC.
- Parallax Mapping adds a greater sense of depth to a surface texture, realistically emphasizing the relief surface structure of objects.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Lighting and Rendering. All lighting data including light maps, environment maps and dynamic lights in the scene are computed in high dynamic range space for natural lighting.
- Radiosity Lighting. World geometry is lit with radiosity lighting stored in light maps or per vertex to provide immersive environments. Light maps encode directional information so that lighting combines naturally with bump maps, resulting in more accurate lighting of local surface detail.
- Radiance Transfer/Indirect Lighting. Dynamic objects and characters in the world pick up bounced light computed during offline radiosity computation. This lighting effect truly grounds characters and other dynamic objects in the game world.
- Rim Lighting. A separate rim lighting term can be used to highlight character silhouettes.
- Subsurface Scattering (SSS) Effect. A simulation of light scattering in translucent materials adds to the realistic look of character skin.
- Shadow Depth Mapping. Shadow depth textures allow for realistic self-shadowing of objects in the world, providing a more realistic and immersive effect.
- Ambient (Skylight) Shadows. Dynamic objects and characters in the world generate high performance ambient/skylight shadows which are projected onto world geometry, providing critical lighting cues even for characters situated in the world geometry shadow.
- Volumetric lighting. Atmospheric light scattering creates beams of light shining through the environment, sunbeams streaming through an open window for example.
- Motion Blur. Render full-screen camera motion blur in real-time.
- Dynamic Color Correction. Interactively edit the color cast and contrast of your scene to match the desired art style.
- Advanced Image Post-processing. "Bloom" and star-shaped highlight effects greatly enhance the rendered image.
- Animation Blending. Seamlessly blend gestures to create continuous movement or add depth to any character situation.
- Layered Animation Blending. Synthesize animations out of multiple pieces.
- Particle Effects. Advanced particle system can emit sprites or models for realistic fire, explosions, snow, and more.
- Trail Effects. Procedurally created trails allow richer flame and magic effects.
|Minimum system requirements:
Pentium 4 1.5 GHz processor or equivalent;
256 MB RAM;
ATI Radeon 9600 128 MB or nVidia GeForce 6600 128 MB;
5 GB hard disc space; Windows XP with Service Pack 2
DirectX 9.0c; Keyboard, mouse, Internet Connection
|Recommended system requirements:
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor or equivalent;
1024 MB RAM;
ATI Radeon X1800 256 MB or nVidia GeForce 7600 256 MB;
5 GB; Windows XP with Service Pack 2/Windows Vista
DirectX 9.0c; Keyboard, mouse, DSL Internet connection
PS3 Version is under development, but requires platform approval of SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ
XBox 360 Version:
Xbox 360 version is under development, but requires concept approval of Microsoft.