Game Name: iRequiem
Official Website: http://www.irequiemgame.com/
Publisher(s): Rapid Turtle Games
Developer(s): Rapid Turtle Games
Release Date: December 16, 2010
Horror Themed 2D Shooter for iPhone and iPod touch
Rapid Turtle Games today announced major update patch for their game iRequiem.
The update brings Apple's Game Center support. Now players have an option to choose between Game Center and OpenFeint (or even use both) as the social gaming platform. This means that players can see how their scores rank against their friends, as well as other players around the world. Also, they can unlock achievements and compare them with others. Until this update all these features (leaderboards and achievements) were available through OpenFeint.
Besides this new feature, there is also jumping added to the game. Now you can avoid enemy bullets or jump over your enemies. There is a power jump, which will repulse your opponents and make damage to them, and it's an easy way to make extreme overkills with power jumping on your enemies a few times.
· 2 game modes: Campaign and Survival
· 55 levels in Campaign, unlimited in Survival
· Kill with 19 insane weapons: Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, Flamethrower, Chain Crossbow, Acid Gun, Stake Gun and more
· 21 types of dreadful monsters: 5 BIG bosses, 3 Minibosses, 13 regular monsters (Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Hounds...)
· Control merciless vehicles: the brutal Hell Machine and Hellicopter
· Special abilities and upgrades: Dark Powers, Spells, Rites, Amulets, Potions...
· 11 kill skills: Overkill, Afterburn, Multi-Kill, Carbonize, Smash kill...
· Extraordinary story, meet Marcus, find out your destiny
· 40 Achievements, Leaderboards, compete with other players around the world (GameCenter and/or OpenFeint)
· Professional voices by John McCann
· Amazing visuals and sounds effects
· Auto-save for your progress
· Easy to pick up and play, thanks to intuitive controls and tips for beginners
· Think like a thief and pickpocket monsters for extra gold or potions
· Action Replay - record your gameplay and watch it later! Watch how you have defeated the boss, completed a level etc.
· Acrobatic moves: somersault, jump, power jump
iRequiem will have you fighting against a horde of zombies and other creatures - don't worry about your weapon of choice as you will be supplied with a mixture of real-world modern weapons like shotguns, grenade/rocket launchers and medieval/fantasy weapons such as bows and crossbows. Along the way you will gain dark magic weapons such as spells, amulets, dark powers and rites.
iRequiem offers gamers a more realistic horror graphic compared to other 2D zombie/horror shooters available on the App Store.
The story begins after Evil takes the main protagonist's soul and endows him with dark powers. Here's the protagonist's monologue at the beginning of the game:
"Banished by this world and hunted by the evil, there is no place to hide for me. My days and nights were spent in the shadows hiding from both worlds, since I tasted the death and came back to live. The evil took my soul, but in return endowed me with a special gift – possession of dark powers. The unattractive appearance and the closeness with the evil power conspired against me, robbing me of everything valuable for this world. Bitter and alone, my desire to take vengeance on evil was stronger as time passed. I want to regain my soul and to return to my people. Let the revenge begin..."
iRequiem players control only the main protagonist, but there are vehicles which the player can control too. In addition, a special power allows players to possess any of the monsters available in the game, and to use all of its attack skills until it dies!
iRequiem - a 2D horror themed shooter taking place in hell, which is depicted as a dark gothic medieval world. http://www.irequiemgame.com/