Completed artwork can be framed and saved in the Gallery
Turn Nintendo DS into a Canvas of Creativity Anyone who has ever wanted to learn how to draw or paint can now do both, thanks to Art Academy, the new art training software for the Nintendo DS family of systems. These portable lessons teach drawing and painting techniques, that students would learn in an art class, in a casual and fun way while building skills that can be transferred to real-world art materials. With Free Paint, budding artists can capture inspiration wherever it may strike.
- Students can learn at their own pace. The in-game tutor, Vince, guides them through each new lesson and gradually introduces new artistic concepts. Each new lesson builds upon concepts studied in previous lessons, complete with step-by-step examples. Lessons can also be saved in progress, to be completed at another time.
- Students use the stylus on the touch screen as though they were holding a pencil or paint brush. Pencils and paintbrushes of different sizes, combined with color mixing and paint dilution effects, produce realistic results and feel very natural.
- Students have broad artistic freedom as they create their artwork. The lessons are used as guides to learn new art techniques, while Free Paint is a personal, portable art studio ready to capture their latest inspiration.
- If the Art Academy software is being used on a Nintendo DSi™ or Nintendo DSi XL™ system, artists can use the built-in cameras to take pictures of the things they want to paint and use them as a reference material wherever they go.
- Completed artwork can be framed and saved in the Gallery.
- Artists can wirelessly send the Demo lesson, via the local wireless connection, to another Nintendo DS owner to sample.
- Art Academy includes the same tool set and all ten of the lessons found in the previously released Nintendo DSiWare™ titles, Art Academy: First Semester and Art Academy: Second Semester. With additional mini lessons and more than 80 motifs have been added to provide a variety of reference material for artists to use when creating their own masterpieces.
- The lessons might end, but the joy of creating art never does. All of the skills learned in Art Academycan be applied to real-life artist's materials outside of the Nintendo DS environment.